planning to set up a 2.5gal betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my mom who's kinda stubborn keeps her betta in a one gallon bowl. So I'm going to set up a new tank for her with a filter and a heater. I already found a tank. Its a petco hex 2.5gal tank. My heaters gonna be a hydro 7.5watt mini heater. Does this sound good? I know ideally five gallons would be best but I think my mom would be mad with me if I got her a tank so large. She totally cleans out his bowl twice a month.... I'm worried if I get her a tank with a filter she'll be replacing the filter pads because thats what the box told her to do...Oh well. Does this sound okay? I was thinking plants but she's gonna want to clean the tank to get rid of the algae because she wont like it. So I'm thinking the plants are a no go.

A 2.5 would be fine. You could do fake plants. And just let her know she should only change the filter pads once very.6 months or when they're covered with gross stuff .

Set up the tank and hide the box :) Do you have a tank? Maybe add a portion of your media to the new filter to cycle it, too. The setup sounds fine, at least better than what it has currently. Nice job :) As for plants, live plants don't necessarily mean algae which is caused by an imbalance of light, nutrients, etc. You could try some low-light plants (anubias, java fern). Fake ones would be ok too though, just be sure there are no sharp edges on which the betta's fins can get injured.

I might be able to get a hold of a java fern or two. I've been wanting one for my betta tank too. Glad that sounds like a good set up :)

Take a sharpie and write over the part that tells you to change the filter pads and say that's how it was in the store.

Back
Top Bottom