Plant stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Medicinal Loach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29g tall with 7 kuhli loaches, a golden dojo loach, a small albino pleco, 3 cherry barbs and a few young guppies. I have about an inch of black sand at the bottom and I was planning to just use regular soil under the sand for planting. I'm not able to set up a co2 system so I was wondering what plants you all might recommend for me to use as carpeting (I'd prefer a grasslike plant), foreground, midground, background, the works, while all maintaining a frugal budget. This would be my first planted tank btw.

There are very few low light carpeting plants - One you can use is dwarf sagittaria.
Your options are not limited on plants with low-light no co2 for other types
Many plants will do fine such as :
All cryptocoryne species
All Anubias species
Ferns (Java and Bolbitus)
Buce
Many Hygrophila species
Etc.

There are very few low light carpeting plants - One you can use is dwarf sagittaria.
Your options are not limited on plants with low-light no co2 for other types
Many plants will do fine such as :
All cryptocoryne species
All Anubias species
Ferns (Java and Bolbitus)
Buce
Many Hygrophila species
Etc.
Thanks!

I have a low tech planted tank. The Anubias are pretty happy and doing the best of any of my plants. I have some tied on to driftwood and some super glued onto rocks. I also have a couple varieties of crypts planted in gravel. They seem to be doing all right but are slow growers. I use Flourish liquid for the Anubias and the Flourish tabs for the crypts. You tube was my friend when I was trying to figure out what to do with the plants.

Not an actual carpeting plant but you can make it look like it is. Get some crypts that don't grow super tall and spread them out, the loaches will love it. If you can find java fern in decent size bunches it fills the tank more easily and my loaches love to lay in them all day. You could also use italian val for the back.

Back
Top Bottom