Planted Aquarium a Good Idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beginner on the loose

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am starting a new tank, my old one didnt have any live plants. I was thinking that I could try a couple of live plants in my new 20 gallon aquarium. Is it wrong to mix two kinds on plants, live and silk? Are there any newbie tips anyone can share about starting your first planted aquarium? Help if you can, thanks!

I have a 20 gallon with live and silk plants in it but ever since I got my first live plants I was hooked on planted tanks. I say go for it live plants help balance out your nitrates just make sure you get the right plants for the lights you have. Some great beginner plants that are super easy to care for are crpyts and Anubias along with maybe morimo miss balls. They don't need any ferts and have low light requirements.

I have a 20 gallon with live and silk plants in it but ever since I got my first live plants I was hooked on planted tanks. I say go for it live plants help balance out your nitrates just make sure you get the right plants for the lights you have. Some great beginner plants that are super easy to care for are crpyts and Anubias along with maybe morimo miss balls. They don't need any ferts and have low light requirements.
Another question, you said they have low light requirements, so if i used these plants would a brighter light harm the plants? Thanks for the help I might try it out!

Last edited:
No it will change the growing characteristics of the plant though it may have longer leaves or shorter leaves or grow slower or faster.

Back
Top Bottom