Planted Fluval Edge 6 gallon scape help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi i have the fluval edge 6 gallon with lots of rcs, BUT i hate my aquqscape? i have pics below. Currently the tank just has java ferns, driftwood and java moss. I was looking to get dwarf sag or some other plants. So now i need aquascape help please, LEAVE SUGGESTIONS! Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420593173.244524.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420593182.842840.jpg

Fish_Fan

The driftwood is Malaysian and has java moss tied around it, its also resting a rock to create a mini cave like area

Fish_Fan

I would remove the colored gravel and maybe add some dwarf sag or red crypt wendtii in the front, otherwise, I like it

I think we've all had colored gravel at one time or another ;) . I'm sure I've used blue gravel in the past. My objection to it is that it draws the eyes away from your plants, in itself it does not look bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks i hate it too but i dont know how to completely get rid of it. It's 5lbs of black and 5lbs of colorful crap

Fish_Fan

Yeah same? anybody have any ideas?

Fish_Fan

Ok thank you will do! I've been looking on EBay and saw some dwarf sag, water wisteria and steel mesh sheets for my java moss wall. Do water wisteria or dwarf sag need any high lighting or root tabs?

Fish_Fan

Wisteria is a weed. And grows like one LOL. Dwarf Sag is nice. You can trim it if it gets too big.

Ask on here, we have members that sell plants. Or join the planted tank for free and buy from other hobbyists there.

Jetajockey sells plants on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom