Planting seeds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hola folks, I have tried a few different places to ask on how to start out hornswort from seeds. I also was trying to find out how to start my my pistia or water lettuce from seeds as well. I have a ten gallon tank that needs a good scrubbing to start growing in. I do have some potting soil mix, I also do have some unused sand substrate as well. Any advice on how to get these growing would be awesome. I will add a pic of my seeds. Thank you for your time folks. 1547476984976.jpg

More then likely none of those seeds are what they claim. They probably will end up being a hygrophila species.

More then likely none of those seeds are what they claim. They probably will end up being a hygrophila species.
That's okay, they where given to me, I would still to try and grow what ever they are. I'm just not sure how to go about growing Aquatic plants.

That's okay, they where given to me, I would still to try and grow what ever they are. I'm just not sure how to go about growing Aquatic plants.

Right on. Well you could do an emersed growth by planting it and watering it like most seeds or you can do submersed growth and just shove the seeds down into your substrate. 1" depth is all you need for either method. You could try the wet paper towel in a sealed container method to get them to sprout and then plant them how you would like.

Right on. Well you could do an emersed growth by planting it and watering it like most seeds or you can do submersed growth and just shove the seeds down into your substrate. 1" depth is all you need for either method. You could try the wet paper towel in a sealed container method to get them to sprout and then plant them how you would like.
Yes thank you so much, I will try all them and see which way works best. My pleco will probably eat them on me or either that those unwanted trumpet snails will. But I'm will to give anything a try.

Excellent suggestions!

Try a few to start in a couple different ways and see which works best.
Yes this guy has been helpful. I can not find to many videos on planting them. Then again, like he said they probably are not what they say. My sister order them from wish. I doubt they germinate. I'll try my paper towel in the bag in the window trick first. My well planted tank has my many bottom dwelling fish. I have a yoyo loach that is always looking for a nasty snail to suck out of it's shell.

Back
Top Bottom