Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dana180

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is a really stupid question but how and when do you trim plants. I have a swordtail with a couple holes in it. Should I remove that leave? Do I pinch off the entire leaf or do I tear off the hole portion only.

You trim plants when ever you feel they need it. I just take sissors and trim away. Then either throw away the trimmings, or plant them back into the substrate.

Dana180 said:
This is a really stupid question but how and when do you trim plants. I have a swordtail with a couple holes in it. Should I remove that leave? Do I pinch off the entire leaf or do I tear off the hole portion only.

I'm assuming you mean a sword plant not a swordtail (fish) lol. Just cut or pinch the leaf off as close to roots you can get. Removing damaged/sick leaves encourages new growth.

Wow. I had a really busy day at work. Yes sword plants! I will trim off the leaves with holes after work tomorrow. I have to say...this hobby is so fun! I'm already dreaming of another tank and this one isn't even cycled yet!

Dana180 said:
Wow. I had a really busy day at work. Yes sword plants! I will trim off the leaves with holes after work tomorrow. I have to say...this hobby is so fun! I'm already dreaming of another tank and this one isn't even cycled yet!

Haha. MTS! It's contagious! Lol

It is a disease that infects aquarium owners... multiple tank syndrome. Very hard to get rid of once you catch it... and it is contagious.

Back
Top Bottom