Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claireabigailq

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys! I am wondering about having hornwort in my ten gallon freshwater tropical aquarium. Do you think I can find it growing naturally in ponds and lakes in my area ( I live in Moscow,Idaho)? if I do find some, how do I clean it for my tank, how do I take care of it? thanks!

Hornwort

Hi guys! I am wondering about having hornwort in my ten gallon freshwater tropical aquarium. Do you think I can find it growing naturally in ponds and lakes in my area ( I live in Moscow,Idaho)? if I do find some, how do I clean it for my tank, how do I take care of it? thanks!

Hello Claire...

This plant only grows in parts of the country that have a damp, humid climate most of the year. I don't think there are any places in Idaho that would have this type of climate. The water plants you have in your part of the country aren't going to grow in your aquarium. The water conditions are too different. It would be best to get aquarium plants from your local pet store, online or you can check this forum. These are grown in water conditions similar to what you have in your aquarium.

B

Back
Top Bottom