platies in brackish water??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breelle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon tank that is about 4 gallons full of water and about 1tbs of aquarium sea salt... with a fiddler crab.

The tank looks a bit boring and I'm wanting to add some brackish fish, I was thinking of transitioning some Molly's over but I think they're a little bigger than what I want I'm planning on getting a couple bumble bee gobies

But I really like the size and color of platys, I'm wondering if they'd do fine in this water???

Brackish Water Fish

I have a 10 gallon tank that is about 4 gallons full of water and about 1tbs of aquarium sea salt... with a fiddler crab.

The tank looks a bit boring and I'm wanting to add some brackish fish, I was thinking of transitioning some Molly's over but I think they're a little bigger than what I want I'm planning on getting a couple bumble bee gobies

But I really like the size and color of platys, I'm wondering if they'd do fine in this water???

Hello bre...

Too small a tank really, for Platys anyway. The salt dose is also a bit high for them. A third the amount, a teaspoon in 5 gallons is better for Liverbearers other than Mollies. But the tank is yours, it's your call.

B

Hello bre...

Too small a tank really, for Platys anyway. The salt dose is also a bit high for them. A third the amount, a teaspoon in 5 gallons is better for Liverbearers other than Mollies. But the tank is yours, it's your call.

B

:) thank you, I just wanted to make sure (kind of new to this whole brackish thing...) I think I might just slowly transition some of my guppies in sense I have to many of them in my freshwater tank anyway lol!

Just a heads up, fiddlers can go after fish.

Just a heads up, fiddlers can go after fish.

I know :) I put some gold fish in there the day I got him a few days ago, ones died so far and be doesn't seem much interested in it, nor the other 2 that are still alive... He seems more interested to get to every last drop of dried shrimp

I'm thinking about putting my guppies in cause they breed like crazy and I've got a few, I wouldn't mind at all if he decided to kill one

Back
Top Bottom