Platies Vs. Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A rosy red minnow the size of an adult common?
Rosy reds get MAYBE two inches. An adult common in the correct environment- NOT an aquarium- reaches at least a foot long.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know! I have comet goldfish. But this was a rosy red in a pond and it was HUGE!!! It was on YouTube so I'll see if I can find the link.

NatureFish
????

I'm not trying to "Stunt" or starve my fish but at the same time I'm not going to be feeding and feeding it as if it was going to be raised for show or anything. It's going to be a normal sized fish when it reaches adulthood. In other words it will not be a huge fat goldfish because I'm not going to feed it everyday, more like once every 3 or 4 days. I don't even feed my outdoor koi and goldfish at all for the most part because they like to jump out if the water and eat bugs and eat algae (So since the new goldfish will be in my room it won't have that opportunity so i will have to feed him/her) they are all currently about 13 years old and breed every spring (so technically not ALL of them are 13 because some are still fry). I think a 29 gallon is not cruel for a single fancy goldfish... I mean that's what SolidGold and several other goldfish channels suggested for a single goldfish. I could put in some little minnows to keep him company too!

NatureFish
[emoji226][emoji226][emoji226][emoji226]

I don't mean to imply a 29g is cruel per se.
Just pointing out it is MINIMUM recommended size. You'll need extra filtration and lots of water changes as the fish grows if you don't want to get a larger tank. A "Normal" size fancy is pretty big. You can add live plants for a nice look also.

I'm a bigger is better type of person my Canary is in a 3' x 3' x 2' flight cage. Of course he's now going on 11 years old so at least in my case , going bigger has kept him very healthy.

Enjoy your fish and take pictures of your tank !

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mean to imply a 29g is cruel per se.
Just pointing out it is MINIMUM recommended size. You'll need extra filtration and lots of water changes as the fish grows if you don't want to get a larger tank. A "Normal" size fancy is pretty big. You can add live plants for a nice look also.

I'm a bigger is better type of person my Canary is in a 3' x 3' x 2' flight cage. Of course he's now going on 11 years old so at least in my case , going bigger has kept him very healthy.

Enjoy your fish and take pictures of your tank !

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to get my fish a bigger tank however I just don't have the room. I may just not get a fancy at all though.

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom