Please help!!!!! Bacteria in tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starmagz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please help!!!!

There are these tiny little white suckers in my tank. Ammonia? I do not know what to do. This is very new to me. I have a female Reeves turtle and a Pleco that is very young and is small (about 3.5 inches long). Will the bacteria kill my fish? They are all over the substrate (small rocks) and my Pleco is probably sucking them up! If they're bad, how do I get rid of it and prevent it from coming in the future? What can I do right now?

(My tank is about 45 gallons; two good filters)

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Ammonia if very high in a tank can give the water a cloudy appearance. It does not look like little white suckers. Pictures would help identify what it is.

My first thought is nerite eggs if you have them. Some sort of other eggs or limpets.

Copepods?

I did some research and someone had the same problem as me with the white bugs. The person who helped them said it might be copepods. The bugs in my tank do look like copepods based off of the pictures. I did have 4 small shrimp before so maybe that is why they're there? I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom