Please help! Having problem access to pure ammonia in malaysia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy_226

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys! I'm new here and I'm really happy to be here. So i live in Malaysia and it's far away from capital, my lfs and hardware store does not sell pure ammonia and my lfs boss doesn't even know what's fishless cycle and it really annoys me. So can anyone tell me where can i buy pure ammonia in Malaysia? i know there is ace hardware here but is kind of far from my place so i wish to know which ace hardware is selling.

And i think thats all, please help as I've been staring my empty aquarium for almost a month without doing anything :( :( :(

I got my bottle from ACE hardware here in the U.S. You could call first and see if they have it in stock.

You could also use table shrimp in a pantyhose(to avoid a mess) and that's very effective at keeping ammonia levels.

Caleb

I got my bottle from ACE hardware here in the U.S. You could call first and see if they have it in stock.

You could also use table shrimp in a pantyhose(to avoid a mess) and that's very effective at keeping ammonia levels.

Caleb

i can't find any Malaysia ACE hardware contact number even in google, it's really troublesome.

Ya i just use fish flakes in my tank put without a pantyhose, guess i need to buy some new pantyhose :/

here in U S you can order it from amazon (home and kitchen dept. If all else fails you can cycle the old fashoned way (with fish0

here in U S you can order it from amazon (home and kitchen dept. If all else fails you can cycle the old fashoned way (with fish0

i don't want to cycle using the old way. That's why I'm looking so desperately for pure ammonia :(

Is there any type of a store that sells janitorial supplies , maybe the type of store that would sell such cleaning supplies to stores or restaurants? How about an actual cleaning business itself?
Don't know anything about Malaysia but just a thought.

You can also use Ammonium Chloride. You can also use fish food but it takes way longer.

Is there any type of a store that sells janitorial supplies , maybe the type of store that would sell such cleaning supplies to stores or restaurants? How about an actual cleaning business itself?
Don't know anything about Malaysia but just a thought.

I'm not sure because I'm studying in a rural city and not familiar with that place. But i did asked my parents to help me look for it at my hometown. They found Ammoniun Nitrate and Ammoniun Chloride but not Pure Ammonia so I'm not sure can i use those. And fish flakes stinks :(

You can also use Ammonium Chloride. You can also use fish food but it takes way longer.

ReallY?? I CAN USE AMMONIUM CHLORIDE? just use it as the same way as ammonia??I thought chloride is same as chlorine and chlorine kills the bacteria I'm growing right? please tell me if I'm wrong :confused:

This is Dr. Tim. He is the guy who discovered that the strains of bacteria in the aquarium were not the ones everybody thought. Here are some video's where he talks about what to do and he talks about Ammonium Chloride. A small amount of chlorides won't hurt anything. We are talking about a tiny amount. I also think many people are worried about chloride when they should be worried about Sodium. We use Potassium chloride and Calcium chloride in fresh water too. We even use sodium chloride in low levels to treat nitrite poisoning but it can harm plants.

Enjoy!!

This is Dr. Tim. He is the guy who discovered that the strains of bacteria in the aquarium were not the ones everybody thought. Here are some video's where he talks about what to do and he talks about Ammonium Chloride. A small amount of chlorides won't hurt anything. We are talking about a tiny amount. I also think many people are worried about chloride when they should be worried about Sodium. We use Potassium chloride and Calcium chloride in fresh water too. We even use sodium chloride in low levels to treat nitrite poisoning but it can harm plants.

Enjoy!!

OMG that's kidda deep, where does this sodium comes from?

Back
Top Bottom