please help me out --- 90 gal community stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kildarra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I finally got my big tank all 90 gallons of it....lol. I have a small school of zebra danios that I have had for about a week now I was wondering what other fish can live peacefully with my little fishy? The other fish I am planning on getting is a few dwarf gourami. Like the neon blue dwarf gourami. But other than those fish what kind do you recommend I get? I know I have to do my cycling on the new tank first but after it is complete I would like to add a few new fish to my school of danios. I know not to add them in all at once so this week be a good month or two away. I just need ideas and suggestions on what types of fish can live peacefully in the same tank with the fish I have.

with that size tank and the type of fish you're wanting, you're going to have tons of possibilities.

A few choices I would recommend:

6-8 (or more) cory cats
10-12 neon tetras
6-10 harlequen rasboras

There are, of course, tons of fish you could stock, those are just some of my favorite community fish

These are the fish that I am leaning towards but don't know if they will work well together.

8 zebra danios
3 or 4 neon blue dwarf gourami
5 boesemani rainbowfish
5 dwarf neon rainbowfish
8 emperor tetras or neon tetras

Should I stock anything else in there or would you leave it the way it is with those types of fish?

i have a 90 gal also.. planted...

i have:

3 corys
5 black ruby barbs
5 albino tiger barbs
6 odessa barbs
7 zebra danios
5 green tiger barbs
1 bamboo shrimp
2 amano shrimp

currently about 65% stocked...

provides great activity to watch, my cats love it. i constantly have to have a chair in front of my older cat starts to whine bc he cant get close enough.

im planning on adding a few more corys and probably another school of a different type of barb...

barbs don't really get along with the fish that I would like to have. Not saying that they won't ever get along just I don't want to take a chance on it.

barbs don't really get along with the fish that I would like to have. Not saying that they won't ever get along just I don't want to take a chance on it.

I wouldnt completely agree with that, ive had gold barbs with tetras, bettas, gouarmi, danios and cherry barbs. The biggest thing there is just getting a group big enough to allow them to spread their aggression around. Gold barbs usually stay to themselves and i have had them for over a year and have not noticed any aggression. Good luck with the tank and post some pics when your done!!

I will post pictures when the tank is complete and congrats on your monster of a tank broncofan. It is looking really good. I must admit I have been following along.

Back
Top Bottom