Please help. My fish flew out of my fish bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was bringing my fish bowl back to where it goes after dumping out water and I dropped it by accident and the fish flew out and landed near the bottom of a staircase while i was at the top. The fish is still alive but it looks like there is a dent in it's body and i just noticed something that looked like a scratch. Please help. i am really worried.

Not sure what to tell ya but to keep an eye on her and how she's acts. She could be stressed for a little while.

How about the physical damage if there is any?

Not too sure on that one, you could add some stress coat to help her out. Any damage she took from the fall may not correct itself. Can you post a pic?

I don't have stress coat but i have nutrafin aqua plus conditioner which is supposed to have like herbal extracts that make a temporary slime coat. We had to pick the fish up with our hands.

Well just keep an eye on her to make sure she is eating and swimming ok. What is she doing now?

As Calypso said, keep an eye on her to see how she behaves. External injuries, such as cuts or scrapes often times will heal just fine so long as pristine water conditions are mantained for a while. If she has internal injuries there isn't anything, that I know of, that can be done.

My fish is swimming right now. If there are internal injuries, what would happen. Is the aqua plus stuff good right now?

eduguy said:
My fish is swimming right now. If there are internal injuries, what would happen. Is the aqua plus stuff good right now?

If she's acting OK & eating then I wouldn't worry too much. I'd think if there internal injuries there'd be loss if appetite, lethargy, maybe swelling in the belly area, darkness like bruising. I've never used aqua plus so I can't comment on that. Again just watch & if anything changes let us know, someone will have advice.

I had to put the minnow after i broke the old bowl into a half gallon tank and I really overdosed the aqua plus. Is it dangerous? there are supposed to be herbal calming extracts.

as many has said, watch her and see. I had a crazy Betta jump out of the net into a bucket of old tank water(he hit the bottom of the bucket kinda hard). he acted a little stunned for a hour or so. kept looking at me as if he was stoned. But hes fine weeks later, swimming around, eating, and trying to turn on his g/f on the other side of the divider with no suh luck. I swear shes laughing at him.

Just watch, keep the water changes up. Get a bottle of prime. I had a betta get its slime coat striped when I was treating for velvet, 30mins after prime his new coat was coming in really nice.

I used some Nutrafin Aqua Plus because it says it makes a temporary slime coat for the fish until the natural one comes back.

Back
Top Bottom