Please help with lights!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justme68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello All! I have read and read and read some more about lighting and wattage and spectrum and it is all way above what I'm understanding :( What I have now is just an aqueon 8000k full spectrum daylight 17w T8 bulb. I'd really like to grow low light plants and have NO co2. I'm just a newbie! Can anyone suggest what light I should get? Please and thank you very much :)

Its a 29 gal.....thanks for answering jeta! I was hoping you would, I've read on here that you know ur lights:)

I'd go with a 2 bulb t5no fixture, or a even a single or dual bulb t5ho if you find one cheap. It's easy to lower light intensity if needed, but much harder to raise it (as you see, you'll need a new fixture to get more).

Sorry if this is a stupid question... can I buy a single t5 ho bulb for the standard hood I have or does that have to be replaced?

Yeah you need a new fixture. They make retrofit kits that will fit in place of your old one if you have some DIY skills, but honestly the retro kits are about the same price or more than a whole new fixture.

Back
Top Bottom