Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have a 29 gallon biocube, i currently have 5 white cloud minnows in it, i intend to get like 4 platys and 5-7 cherry barbs, but id like a pleco to help keep things tidy in the tank, i know the bushnose pleco is a 3" pleco and would do well in my tank however they arnt really an attractive fish and was wondering if anyone can recommend pleco's i can look into that wont outgrow a 29 gallon bio cube right away(i intend on gettin a bigger tank 55 or 100 gallon tank but that may be a year down the road)

ill look into them more perhaps ive over looked a good photo of the bristlenose, i like the gold nugget pleco however they get way to big for my tank

anyone have thoughts or comments on rubber lipped pleco in a biocube with 5 minnows 4 platys and 5 cherry bards?

I have Rio Negro Pleco's. They stay very small. The ones I've had before and the one I've had the past couple years have never gotten over the 3 inch mark. My two year old one might barely have reached 2 inches. To say they grow slow is an understatement. I got my last one from Live Aquaria as I rarely see them for sale anymore. They are very nicely marked when you see them.

As for bristlenose pleco's 5 inches is a more realistic size. My female is at least 5 inches long and is only 2 years old.

I have Rio Negro Pleco's. They stay very small. The ones I've had before and the one I've had the past couple years have never gotten over the 3 inch mark. My two year old one might barely have reached 2 inches. To say they grow slow is an understatement. I got my last one from Live Aquaria as I rarely see them for sale anymore. They are very nicely marked when you see them.

As for bristlenose pleco's 5 inches is a more realistic size. My female is at least 5 inches long and is only 2 years old.

I have seen the Rio Negro Pleco's and i do like them i also like the zebra, but im still new to this so i dont wanna invest alot of money into fish untill i feel more confident, was looking at the rubber lipped or bush nose cause they are less expensive and the rubber lip is still a good looking fish, i get a lil more experience with the bottem feeders i get a nice pleco when the time comes

and i love aquarialive.com its where i ordered my plants from, its where ill order my stock for my next bigger tank

Back
Top Bottom