Pleco tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of starting a Pleco tank. I want a variety of different Plecos in the tank. I was wondering what would be a good size and setup for the tank

I would do 70 gallon for a pleco tank. I will tell you more details when I get back from kickboxing ;)

The problem with having multiple bottom feeders is that they can get territorial. Not saying that it can't be done but I've never read any success stories on the matter. Others might have different opinions though

That's one of the things I wanted to figure out before hand. Which Plecos would go well together. I do plan on it having plenty of hiding places and multiple pieces of driftwood in it. Although I do think common Plecos are nice I don't plan on getting one because of how big they get. I haven't seen too many different Plecos because I'm limited to petsmart and petco so I am open to suggestions on which ones to get and some good places to order Plecos from.

I looked at their site. Their Plecos are pretty expensive and most of those one get pretty big.

What about AquaBid? They have some neat pleco for cheap, sometimes. And it constantly changes.

I could take a look there. But I'm still just trying to get ideas for layout of the tank and what equipment would be best for it.

FallenRedeemer said:
I could take a look there. But I'm still just trying to get ideas for layout of the tank and what equipment would be best for it.

Driftwood and sand, my pleco loves both. Plus I have a rock that I found down by the creek that he loves to hang out in.

View attachment 101400

You can kinda see it, the rock is a U shape so it creates a little cave for him

I've read that the bristlenose pleco can be peaceful with other plecos of the same species and only grow a max size of about 4 in. why not try researching them? They are a fairly common pleco to get and not expensive

I already have 3 albino bristlenose Plecos and a regular bristlenose spread out in my current tanks.

Currently I have 2 L333 plecos a clown pleco a 3 beacon pleco vampire pleco royal pleco snowball pleco they all get along as of now though they are juveniles

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120618_200244.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120618_200244.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20120618_200258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120618_200258.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 60
  • ForumRunner_20120618_200315.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120618_200315.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 62
I was looking through the threads and saw the fist pic in one of them. It's a beautiful fish. Which one is that? And where did you get them from?

Back
Top Bottom