possible 90 gallon Stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am setting up a 90 gallon tank. doing the fishless cycle. I was going to do a chchlid tank, but then I found out that this might not utilize my tank - no one will be swimming at the top. I am looking at a stocking plan for a community tank and wanted to know what I can put in there.

a couple questions first.

which do you think I will like better / get the most out of my 90 gallon tank? community or cichlid?

Second question: Rams. I read they can be put in a community tank. specifically the german blue, but also what about the electric blue or the german gold. can I get more than one pair? are there limitations on who they can go with? for example can I put GBR and gouramis together?

so here are some stocking ideas:
2x rams (GBR or Electric blue or German gold) or a set of 4 if that works
7x Harlequin Rasbora
5x Bosemania Rainbow
7x zebra danios
7x black skirt tetra
something to go on the bottom...
7x emerald green cory cats OR
1x bristlenose pleco OR
5x zebra loach or yoyo loach

if I can put the gouramis in there I would like to do that too

think I will need to revise this list. I want to save some room for some mollies and platys and maybe some swordtails. what should I pull out? maybe the danios? how big should I be looking at for schools? 5 or 7 or more? since I have some room I want the schools to look good and be "schooly" if you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom