practice what you preach!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellawson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was feeling a little down this weekend so on one of my dozen trips to Wallyworld I picked up one of those 10 gallon all inclusive (aside from a heater and anything else useful..lol) starter kits. I figured I needed a quarantine tank anyway so what the heck. I got home and set it up dug out the left over sand a few plastic plants and a cave thingy that has been gathering dust rinsed it all off and filled it with water. I sat and starred at this pumpkin orange tank (I got a little lazy rinsing the sand) for all of 20 min before I decided the little bitty filter just wasn't gonna do so I head back to town for a bigger filter I went ahead a bought a cheap heater (it will do till I can get a better one) I also decide I will cycle this tank from scratch since I haven't done that in forever. Well now my tank is no longer orange my new hood has been hacked up to make room for the larger filter and I have remembered how much cycling sucks!....but practice what you preach right...lol.

lol you can do it! at least you have other fishies to look at until it cycles. My 10 wallyworld special took forever to cycle but after the first couple weeks I just forgot about it and lived on here for a while. So is it going to be QT (since you are cycling) or are you going to end up with fishies? MY 5G QT ended up with snails .... **** MTS

lol well a QT was my excuse for actually buying it (I have a Rubbermaid tub I actually use for that) I really don't have anything planned for the tank I thought I would just cycle it and think on it.

Back
Top Bottom