Preparin for a 20-30 gallon tank in october-december!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenterrortigeroscar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would this stand be strong enough to support a 30-30 gallon tank. I currently don't have one but planning to get later, I will cycle it and come back to this thread for ideas on my upcoming tank. What would I be able to do with my ten gallon after I receive the new tank.

Attachments

• image-2836069486.jpg
    image-2836069486.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 68
Is it better to buy a kit or items separately, what brand is cheap but lower price. At my lfs an Aqueon 10 gallon kit cost more than a tetra 20 gallon kit. Why is that, try both include the same things in the kit! Confused, which one should I get?

The stand looks sturdy. Do you know what it can support in pounds. A 20g tank weighs around 250 pounds and a 29 weighs around 350. That doesn't include deco just water. I find some package deals have lower quality products, however for a beginner they do save time and money.

The $1/gallon is a great deal. Of course it comes only with the tank and nothing else. But another thing you can try doing is going on Craigslist and find a good tank on there around your area.

I browse Craigslist just to check prices and you'll be surprised on how good some deals are. You can find many things on there to get you started. But of course they are used and you'll have to test the products out to see for yourself or take their word for it.

I don't know if you can get the kit and the dollar per gallon sale.
I would price out your two options. See what the kits cost and compare to buying the parts separate.

My philosophy is always: The Bigger, The Better. But when going big, it requires more work, and more money. You'll need better filters, substrate, Ect, but the beauty is always something worth seeing. I have 2 10 gallon tanks, and a 65 gallon tank. To be honest, I want something bigger.

How big do you think the tank could fit on this tv stand, it's made entirely out of wood.

Attachments

• image-1894966327.jpg
    image-1894966327.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 57
OP you have quite a few threads on here and seem to be wildly confused about what you want...Maybe take some time to research exactly what you want and then ask for opinions rather than make several new threads...or just keep it all in the same thread

I'm not H@tin' , just noticed you seemed to be a bit confused

I'm sorry for the confusement, I'm planning to get a 20-30 gallon and trying to see if the stand is good enough. My other threads are about what plants and fish I can put in my 10 gallon. Sorry for confusing you.

Thats a nice stand. Is it wood or particle board? Do you know where it came from to find out how much it supports? I too think bigger is better. I have a 90 gallon and am looking for a 180 or a 210. What is the measurements of the top of the stand?

It's wood for the frame, but the shelves and everything else are particle, the stand measure on the top base as 17" by 35".

Back
Top Bottom