Proper fish quantities !? Open to words wisdom please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvanLow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388289228.941937.jpg

This is my 10g tank properly cycled being filtered by fluval c3 running full power. Using bio balls that came with it and the charcoal bag too. Also being used in the tank is a UV sterilizer running during the day approx 14 hours and off at night approx 8 hours. Tank light is on from noon till about 7 or 8 pm I want to avoid algae as much possible. Is there anything I can use in my filter to make the water stay clear and healthy for my fish. I heard things like using poly/filter floss and stuff like seachim or something . All and any tips would be appreciated .

Main reason for posting is I would like to get 3 neon tetras for the tank with one bottom feeder type fish to rum around and eat waste / fallen food. Suggestions on a bottom feeder type fish like a Pleco? Minimum number of tetras?

Tank was cycled using 2 gold fish from a friends very healthy established tank

Thanks in advanced, Evan

One, I'm not sure how long the filters bacteria would last without any fish to support it, how long have the goldfish been gone? Two, plecos don't eat fish poop, they need to be fed the right kind of foods for them, and they create more bio load than help in tank that small, so I'd suggest something smaller like cories, dwarf cories, or shrimp.

View attachment 214059

This is my 10g tank properly cycled being filtered by fluval c3 running full power. Using bio balls that came with it and the charcoal bag too. Also being used in the tank is a UV sterilizer running during the day approx 14 hours and off at night approx 8 hours. Tank light is on from noon till about 7 or 8 pm I want to avoid algae as much possible. Is there anything I can use in my filter to make the water stay clear and healthy for my fish. I heard things like using poly/filter floss and stuff like seachim or something . All and any tips would be appreciated .

Main reason for posting is I would like to get 3 neon tetras for the tank with one bottom feeder type fish to rum around and eat waste / fallen food. Suggestions on a bottom feeder type fish like a Pleco? Minimum number of tetras?

Tank was cycled using 2 gold fish from a friends very healthy established tank

Thanks in advanced, Evan

I agree with Toad, that shrimp or dwarf cories would be a much better choice. Also when were the goldfish removed? If you want tetras, neons are good, and you should have at least 5 of them. I think 5 neons and 4 dwarf cories, or 6 neons, some shrimp, and a dwarf gourami would be good.

Back
Top Bottom