pumpkin seed in 55g? from wild!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok not to be an :butt:, but did you check with the DNR or illegally collect them? You do know that they should NEVER be released back into the wild right? If you caught "some", I suspect you will not be capable of raising them all into adulthood. Are you prepared to cull them instead of releasing them? Just because you can often doesn't mean that you should.

/end rant

they are legal to take. however creel limits must be observed. they are all over the place up here, some so infested you get a ticket for catch and release.

they are legal to take. however creel limits must be observed. they are all over the place up here, some so infested you get a ticket for catch and release.

Are you CERTAIN that they are legal to take from a STATE PARK in Pa? I read the regulations btw.

Does the OP have a valid fishing license? I've not seen it, so I'm not sure how you can claim legality.

Ok not to be an :butt:, but did you check with the DNR or illegally collect them? You do know that they should NEVER be released back into the wild right? If you caught "some", I suspect you will not be capable of raising them all into adulthood. Are you prepared to cull them instead of releasing them? Just because you can often doesn't mean that you should.

/end rant

One will go in a fish tank, the rest in my pond!

I went to a PA state park today and talked with a ranger. Pumpkinseed sunfish are considered "pan fish" and not game fish. Game fish have their own set of regulations that we didn't get into. Pan fish are legal to take from a state park.

I agree with HN1 - I would not encourage taking fish from the wild but for what you are asking about - the pumpkinseed - it's legal.

I went to a PA state park today and talked with a ranger. Pumpkinseed sunfish are considered "pan fish" and not game fish. Game fish have their own set of regulations that we didn't get into. Pan fish are legal to take from a state park.

I agree with HN1 - I would not encourage taking fish from the wild but for what you are asking about - the pumpkinseed - it's legal.

WOW THANKS!
you talked to a ranger? now i know im safe!

I had already planned to go to the park when I read your question. I found a ranger and asked since I didn't want you to do or post about anything illegal. It is legal to put these fish into your aquarium or pond. Now that you have removed some fish from the wild, it's your responsibility to care for them properly. :)

I had already planned to go to the park when I read your question. I found a ranger and asked since I didn't want you to do or post about anything illegal. It is legal to put these fish into your aquarium or pond. Now that you have removed some fish from the wild, it's your responsibility to care for them properly. :)

OH! ok thanks!

One of the reasons why this site is one of the finest in the world... Our moderators are awesome and go above and beyond...

Back
Top Bottom