Python or Aqueon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgilityIG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Which one do you prefer? I have heard good things about both and have also heard that the Aqueon is more durable. I need to invest in one - I didn't really need it with the 20 gallon, but the 50 gallon is going to be a totally different story...

I just got the Aqueon to replace my broken Python and I absolutely love it. My only gripe is that when you turn the switch at the faucet end, it will leak water briefly but it is contained in the sink. It is only when you switch functions though, not all the time. My other friend got one but hers doesn't do this so I think it may just be mine.

im not sure about getting them at walmart, but i know you can order them online. from what i've seen, almost all the parts are interchangeable... the sink adapter is pretty much a standard thing, the hoses are all the same size (pretty sure) and all the parts just look the same.

excellent - I guess I'll make a trip to WalMart today. Unfortunately, my kitchen sink is in one corner of the house and the tank is in the opposite corner of the house. I am going to measure, but am guessing a 50 footer is in my future (maybe with an extension hose...).

How do you store yours? I would think the tubing stays wet - any problems with mold or other weird things in the tubing?

I've never had issues with mold, but i use mine every two to three days. I saw one person on here a while back who said they had an issue with mold, but nobody else that responded had. I drain mine, roll it up, and shove it under my 150g. When i move this week, I'm going to hang it up in a closet where i have a water hose bracket. One thing i always do is run hot water through it before each use. I just hook it up to the sink, sit the end of the hose outside, and run the faucet on hot for a couple minutes. I'd also recommend doing this before you use it the first time, as well as rinsing the tubing and the vac attachment really well where it will be in the tank

I just got the Aqueon to replace my broken Python and I absolutely love it. My only gripe is that when you turn the switch at the faucet end, it will leak water briefly but it is contained in the sink. It is only when you switch functions though, not all the time. My other friend got one but hers doesn't do this so I think it may just be mine.
contact python when my sink connector broke they said just send it back and they would send a replacement.

I actually remember reading several reviews on Pythons while I was shopping for a gravel vac. I decided it was a bit much for our size tanks and didn't get one, but I read that you can just buy replacement parts at the hardware store. like mfdrookie516 said, all the parts are pretty standard.

Might have to give them a call then, would be nice to have a spare. Thanks for the tip.

I looked around town first to see what I could find - nothing at Wal Mart - the LFS, PetCo and PetSmart were all very pricey. Petco wanted $100 for a 50' Aqueon!!!!! I ended up ordering a Python from Foster and Smith (along with a couple other things, of course)

I looked around town first to see what I could find - nothing at Wal Mart - the LFS, PetCo and PetSmart were all very pricey. Petco wanted $100 for a 50' Aqueon!!!!! I ended up ordering a Python from Foster and Smith (along with a couple other things, of course)

$100?!?! That's insane! The Petsmart in my area charges like $30 for a 50 foot aqueon.

I just paid $45 for the 25' Aqueon at PetSmart. The 50' was $65, and I will just order an extension when I need it. I had my homemade one before but let me tell you, this one is SO much better! I am in heaven!

Just got an Aqueon (25') at Petsmart a few weeks ago to replace my broken Python and it was $29.99. I wonder why there is such a wide range in prices.

It was just crazy how expensive it was at PetCo. My Python just got here yesterday and it is AWESOME!!! I think I'm in love!!!

Back
Top Bottom