Quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsdsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I am toying with the idea of having a ready QT.what do you all do? Do you keep a filter on your stable tanks and switch it when needed? What size tank do you use? Does it have gravel?

How long do you quarantine for?

Now that I have multiple tanks, I am pretty much setting myself up for an issue, sickeness, new fish, and I think I need to have to have something, just in case.

Any suggestions would be great!!!!

So I am toying with the idea of having a ready QT.what do you all do? Do you keep a filter on your stable tanks and switch it when needed? What size tank do you use? Does it have gravel?

How long do you quarantine for?

Now that I have multiple tanks, I am pretty much setting myself up for an issue, sickeness, new fish, and I think I need to have to have something, just in case.

Any suggestions would be great!!!!

I use different sized plastic totes for QT. Cheap and easy to store. I use canisters on my bigger tanks so I take some seeded media from them and add it into the filter. Don't use substrate and only use plastic decor/plants. You want everything to be easy to disinfect if need be. Quarantine time should be at least two weeks. If a fish gets sick during that 2 weeks then treat and start the 2 weeks again once its cured.

Back
Top Bottom