Query about fish species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deu4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I just got my first fish tank here and i need to know the species of my fishes and any tips about them.
Please check the photos.

Thx

Attachments

• image-3794489152.jpg
    image-3794489152.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2343586072.jpg
    image-2343586072.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1704267939.jpg
    image-1704267939.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image-1852142278.jpg
    image-1852142278.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3138445998.jpg
    image-3138445998.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to AA!

You have four goldfish and one coloured white skirt tetra. The tetra is a tropical fish, requires a heater and 5 more buddies of his own kind. The goldfish with a single tail will require a pond or at least 50g of water each. The double tail will need at least 20g of water.

In addition to what Mumma said, I have to ask what size tank you have? Was it cycled prior to adding fish (letting the tank run empty doesn't cycle it)? Unless your tank is massively large and/or you have a pond, most of the fish will need to be returned/rehomed, I'm afraid. Also the tropical fish and the goldfish have different temperature requirements thus they can't live together in the same tank.

Here are some links for you:
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/goldfish-101-11174823.html

Let us know if you have more questions! Welcome to AA :)

Welcome to AA!

You have four goldfish and one coloured white skirt tetra. The tetra is a tropical fish, requires a heater and 5 more buddies of his own kind. The goldfish with a single tail will require a pond or at least 50g of water each. The double tail will need at least 20g of water.
If i could say, i would suggest 120 gallon wide sized tank for a common so they can grow to they're 12''-18'' maximum.

If i could say, i would suggest 120 gallon wide sized tank for a common so they can grow to they're 12''-18'' maximum.

Yes, I agree that that size should be minimum for one because if the massive size. I should have stated that. The 50g each I mentioned was if multiple where kept together. So for three at least a 150g tank. But really a pond is far better.

From my cell, I can't see the pics very clearly. Does fish #1 have barbels? The orange one is an oranda with undeveloped wen. The white single tail with the orange head/back is a comet. The white fish with the black specks I would need a top view of- do his scales seem rough or protrude? Fish #5, Mumma ID'd because it's not a goldfish.

Thank you all for your quick and rich response. Due to your answers, I think I messed up because my tank is only 26 L. So I think I made bad choices. Also I forgot to tell you that I have 6 guppies (3 male, 3 female) and 2 suckmouth catfish. I'm a begginer.
Any other quick tips.

Cheers

We all make mistakes. :) I would do as jlk has suggested. Return all the fish and do some research. You could do a betta quite easily in a tank that size or you could look into upgrading to a larger tank for more stock options.

Very nicely worded JLK! I made almost all the same mistakes when I first got a tank. Took everything back, cycled my tank & just love it now. Thanks to all the excellent advice I got on this site. ?

Thank you all. I really appreciate your help.
I'm afraid the tank size upgrade option is not available for me at the moment. So I think I have to return all my fish back.
Any other suggestion with the betta? Or this is the only fish I can have now. And how many fishes can my tank take ?

Cheers

Thank you all. I really appreciate your help.
I'm afraid the tank size upgrade option is not available for me at the moment. So I think I have to return all my fish back.
Any other suggestion with the betta? Or this is the only fish I can have now. And how many fishes can my tank take ?

Cheers

Well, bettas are easy, hardy, gorgeous fish so one(male or female) would be perfect. They will love all the room and be really active and colorful. They also have great personalities.
The amount of fish that your tank can hold depends on what fish it is. Your tank could hold one fish or ten.
Another colorful option is to have a red cherry shrimp tank. Shrimp are fun to watch and you could have a lot of them. They will breed too.

I'd do an easy planted tank and pick one gorgeous Betta male or do Cherry Shrimp. NOT both.

The only Nano Fish I'd recommend aren't really best for beginners and they cost more and are not always easy to find. . Learn from your tank before getting in too deep.

Anubias or Java Ferns can be tied to rocks or driftwood. Super easy.

Back
Top Bottom