Question about a hood(s) for my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been stalking amazon and eBay to find items for my 55g cheaper, and I found a hood that says its 24 inches and it fits tanks that are 15-80 gallons and that you use two hoods to fit a 55. Does this sound correct or should I move on and find something else? The hoods are 42.07 each, I also have a cascade heater (an adjustable one) for 17.99 and a marineland filter for tanks 50-70 gallons for 29.99 and all of these items qualify for the free shipping so for all of this it would be a total of 132.12. Do these sound like good prices or should I just buy separately from various stores?

the "hood" on my discus tank is just 4 pieces of glass. I then made a box out of plywood and some black paint for about 6 bucks. If you know someone handy, that would work. Also consider contacting your local highschool shop class.

If they are hoods that sounds right. They will sit on the center brace in the middle. Just make sure they are the right size front to back.

Back
Top Bottom