Question about Angel Plus sponge filters..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cieno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

Looking into ordering one of their "active" filters to assist my cycle along. I understand the general idea of the filter and how to set it up but my question is what size air pump to get? The nearest size I can find locally is for a 40G tank(mine is 36G). Would this be to much pressure?(read that to much can be a bad thing for sponge filters).

Thanks for the help ^_^.

Cieno

Thank you thank you ^_^. Didn't know about adjusters so at least if it looks to be too much I have a way to fix it without buying a different pump :D

You also don't have to use the active sponge as a filter for it to aid your cycling in case you didn't know.

Another option is to cut the active filter up & place it in your current filter if you dont want to run it with an airpump. The airpump your looking at sounds fine- Walmart carries inexpensive pumps, too (less than $10). Good luck!

One thing I did with my Angels Plus filter was to pour the water that was in bag that the filter came in over my media that was in my filter. I also lightly squeezed the filter over my media. My tank cycled in about 2 days after doing nothing with fish in for over 2 months. I let the Angels Plus filter run in my tank for about 2 1/2 weeks before taking it out and squeezing it over my rinsed media. No problems since and that was over a month ago.

A suggested above, use a cheap air valve from the pet store to regulate the air flow through the media.

Back
Top Bottom