Question about Cherry Shrimp? I was thinking of adding some to my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Can I add a Cherry Shrimp to this tank? (Please read details below)

• Yes! You sure can.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO... you certainly CANNOT.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really. It's possible, but not ideal.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Try ghost shrimp instead maybe? They are a ton cheaper and generally more locally available.

Hi, yes thanks for the idea, I just do not find a Ghost Shrimp's look... appealing. They are not very "cute" at all, IMO.

If you add shrimp to your tank eventually, you should get more than just 2. If you only get 2 I don't think you'd see them much. I have found that they have strength in numbers, so get atleast 10. They stay small and don't add much to the bioload.

Hey guys! My local fish store has a website. On their website they give a list of the fish they have at their store. I was looking to see if they had Cherry Shrimp, and on their list of shrimp it said: "Red Algae Shrimp" I looked that up on Google Images and the pics that came up looked like RCS... do you think it's the same shrimp? Thanks!

Last edited:
Pet stores are notorious for calling things by the wrong names. It sure sounds to me like they are indeed RCS but there is no way of knowing without seeing them in person or seeing a good, high-quality photograph.

Yeah, your right. I will just have to see in person. They don't provide pics on their website so..

Back
Top Bottom