Question about Penguin Bio Wheel 200 filter....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolltide1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm setting up a 75 gallon FW tank, it came with an Emperor 400 filter, which is probably enough for my tank, but I also found my old Penguin Bio Wheel 200 laying around, so I was going to use that as well. I opened it up and saw that it was completely empty, no filter cartridges in it. It does however, have 2 slots but it looks to me like the slots are shaped slightly different. Am I supposed to use 2 filters in the BioWheel 200 or is the second slot for something completely different? ? Anyone have any ideas, I'm clueless lol.

If it's anything like the penguin 150 I had, it should be able to handle two filter cartridges. Just go to the store and get the proper size. Maybe you could try to find the instructions online?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it's anything like the penguin 150 I had, it should be able to handle two filter cartridges. Just go to the store and get the proper size. Maybe you could try to find the instructions online?

I went and purchased a box of filter cartridges for it. I looked online and haven't had any luck finding instructions.

If I were to try to run 2 filters, should they both face the same way (blue fuzzy part facing to the back) or place the filters back to back?

Both should fit the same way, blue filter media facing the back.

The second cartridge is optional.

Blue faces to the back.

You can get the plastic part only for a few bucks on amazon and make your own. I want to do this because the blue part on the filter falls apart too easily, and I want to put crushed coral in the filter box, and to put a water polishing pad and a sturdier floss in.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom