Question about Prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltair

Aquarium Advice Freak
Found Prime at a LFS and was reading the bottle. It says nothing about heavy metals. I have been using Microb-Lift water conditioner/Stress Coat and it has been working well, but I now have a 29 and 16 gallon running and its getting a little pricey. Does the Prime neutralize heavy metals?

I don't think it does, best to check their website though. I think I do remember reading something about it, but I don't remember correctly enough to back it up. Just google Seachem's Prime, and go to their website.
You can always get some Kordon's Rid Metals if you are worried though.

Taken from the product page on their website:

"Prime® is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime® removes chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. Prime® converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank’s biofilter. Prime® may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Prime® detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels. Prime® also promotes the production and regeneration of the natural slime coat. Prime® is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Prime® will not overactivate skimmers. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water."

Seachem. Prime

I don't think it does, best to check their website though. I think I do remember reading something about it, but I don't remember correctly enough to back it up. Just google Seachem's Prime, and go to their website.
You can always get some Kordon's Rid Metals if you are worried though.

Yes it will remove heavy metals as long as there isnt a ton.....

Back
Top Bottom