Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Question on Eclipse 12

What is the proper water level? I have it filled to about an inch from the top, there is this black frame that goes around the top and it is filled right to that.

Also, should the blue filter be fully submerged in the water? Mine is not, it is fully submerged on the left hand side but as the water goes towards the bio-wheel it gets to the point to where the filter is not submerged, it is wet but not fully submereged. Thanks!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

your water level sounds fine. also the blue filter is fine as long as water is going through it. basically as it collects junk on the left hand side and gets clogged up....water will move over to the right side. ypu do have to change it once it is completely blocked.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thank you so much!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I disagree with dude-- there is no need to change your filter pad, just rinse in tank or dechlorinated water.

If it gets to the point where it's impeding water flow or falling apart, then a change is good, but until then, just rinse every other week or so.

Tags
eclipse, eclipse 12

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com