Question on Eclipse 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tigerpaul1977

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the proper water level? I have it filled to about an inch from the top, there is this black frame that goes around the top and it is filled right to that.

Also, should the blue filter be fully submerged in the water? Mine is not, it is fully submerged on the left hand side but as the water goes towards the bio-wheel it gets to the point to where the filter is not submerged, it is wet but not fully submereged. Thanks!

your water level sounds fine. also the blue filter is fine as long as water is going through it. basically as it collects junk on the left hand side and gets clogged up....water will move over to the right side. ypu do have to change it once it is completely blocked.

I disagree with dude-- there is no need to change your filter pad, just rinse in tank or dechlorinated water.

If it gets to the point where it's impeding water flow or falling apart, then a change is good, but until then, just rinse every other week or so.

Back
Top Bottom