Questions on in tank filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dale_I

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to set up a quarantine tank, probably a 20 gallon long, and am wondering if anyone has tried or has any comments on the Fluval Underwater Filter. Specifically, I was looking at the Fluval U3 (155 gph) if I end up with the tank I have my eye on.

The place I would like to put the tank wouldn't lend itself to a HOB filter, unless I put it on the side of the tank, which may be an issue with the lid.

Anyway, I thought I might ask. I've don't have any experience with these.

I have the Fluval U2 internal. I like it. It comes with sponge pads, carbon pads and biomax, all in their own cartridges. The cartridges are easy to pull apart so you can clean media or remove/add what you want. The flow is adjustable too which is another plus.

Thanks for the response. Nice to know the cartridges can be somewhat customized. I was thinking of keeping a charcoal intact, but only using it after a med dose to remove the medication. Normally, I would probably use the sponge, some poly fill, then the biomax.

Is it possible that I could remove the biomax that comes with the filter and replace it with biomax from my already running Fluval 304 cannister? If so, it would greatly reduce, if not eliminate, any cycling of the new tank.

Back
Top Bottom