Quiet Neon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
My neons are hanging round the filter an awful lot they still have colour and all and look healthy but there near the top an awful lot too. About a week back I had a incident over the white spot but that is cured now. One night I found one poor fellow without a back fin!

Overall I think Ive had nine of them if not more. I now have three and I can't add any more because of ammonia problems. Is this the case? I have a 12 and a half gallon that has been running about two months. I have three healthy mollies which are all completely fine.

When I tested a few weeks back the ammonia was quite high bit since then Ive been doing a weekly water change, gravel clean, filter boosts every other day and cutting down on feeding. I would have imagined it would be better now.

I think one will pass in the next few days as its been doing all the same symptoms as the dead ones. Fingers crossed my toilet won't be doing that horrible flush in the next days!

If you have ammonia problems you should be changing water daily. How bad ammonia are we talking?

If you have ammonia problems you should be changing water daily. How bad ammonia are we talking?

Not quite sure, I won't be as good with this kind of stuff so lets just it was between dark and light green on the stores chart thingy!!!

dark green is bad , a light light green almost yellow kinda would be 0 anything above that you should do a pwc

Dark green is Dangerous, even light green. Change change change. Pwc - part water change and id suggest 50% minimum maybe more, i cant see your test results. That should of been done yesterday Do one asap if you want to save your fish.

Back
Top Bottom