Rainbow Shark Tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry guys new here, searched google for this topic.

I will make in an intro after this.

Ok here we go

26g Euro tank
tetra XL45 HOT filter
stealth heater set at 78 degree american
SAND bed

fake plants ( very tall and leafy or anacaris like)

Here are the fish
1- rainbow shark
1- dojo kuhli loach
1- dwarf flame gourami
6- neons
2 angels
4 tetras and 2 spotted cats

I came home from work and fed them, everything was fine, about 15 minutes ago the loach was wrapped like a snake around the rainbow and the rainbow was biting away at the kuhli, this all took place in the shared cave( shared I mean shared I got 5 caves total and 10 plants, no plants on the cave side and a rockbed on the sand for the transitional grounds)

The kuhli and shark swim together most the time, never ever had an issue with them before, what gives now? they both sleep in the same cave every night together, there is no set cave for either of them.

Since what ive read in this thread alone makes me think that the rainbow was a bad move since other then the kuhli and gourami he is the biggest, but he doesnt chase any others , just the loach today and they had a huge sandstorm in the tank while fighting. I tapped on the side of the tank where they and only they were and then had to put my hand near them to split them up.

Any insight is appreciated, a seperate tank is not an option at the moment. I am trying to renovate a room for a 250g acrylic tropical tank and use the 26g as either a marine tank or brackish tank.

Thanks.

I would suggest breaking up the tank as much as possible with your decorations. It sounds like you've got a lot to work with, so just work it.

I have read that loaches are generally compatible with rainbow sharks, but aren't they both bottom dwellers? I am currently considering putting 3 Yoyo Loaches with a Rainbow Shark in a 30 gallon long tank.

well see bottom dwellers are hard to really classify, my bttom fish come to the top to get their food and to swim. True bottom dwellers have their mouths facng straight down as well as eyes below the jawline.

Back
Top Bottom