Re-decorating My tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, yesterday I clean out the aquarium because of the nematodes...
I felt the need to give my fish a new setup.
Im clueless as to what Im going to use. Theyre is so much that I like, and so many styles to where to put things. Also, Ive been buying up aquarium ornaments and most of them make me sick when I put them in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the things I like and let me know what you think of these decors

30562lg.jpg

SUBSCHEST055.jpg

ff60_1.JPG

1a3d_1.JPG

11a.jpg
0b6c_1.JPG

Basically empty, I can have pics of it tonight.
Theyre was a ship I didnt like, and a skull.

Thanks, Ill keep it in mind.
Heres the tank.
img_794465_0_665105637ba5aa29286c34b6495978db.jpg

3d1d_1.JPG

Heres another I like. Let me know what you guys think?

First, a simple background will make all the difference in the world. Try a piece of posterboard if you don't want to spend a lot of $. Black is my favorite.

Personally, I like the little pagoda and the rice mill. I would probably limit it to those two and then add some more plants around them.

Let us know what you decide!

I'd suggest getting some taller plants. At first I had shorter plants and no caves in my tank. And they all hung out around the powerhead, heater, or bottom. Once I added some cavelike hiding places and taller plants. My fish became much more active.

Driftwood, plants, and natural tan gravel.... ;) I'm a fan of natural setups and I don't like the ornaments with small holes, as I've had fish get stuck in them before.

I agree with the "natural" setup. I prefer earth-tone gravel to other colors. My uncle had 2 clown loaches hiding in his driftwood without him knowing. He pulled the driftwood to let it dry in the sun due to a recent illness in his tank, and guess what he found X_x.

Well, It just seems that no one really uses ornaments eanymore and everyone is doing natural. I want to stand out, but I will say that natural aquariums are really beautiful.
The look Im going for is similar to this.
lg_21076_35355.jpg

If that's what your looking for. I'd go for the top ship you in the original post, a black background, maybe change to a darker gravel(maybe even black), get some tall green plants and some driftwood :)

I hate that blue gravel. Its to bright.

It isn't my taste either, but I wasn't going to say anything.

I like the look you are going for. If you don't mind changing the gravel and getting a background and some more plants I think you will be pleased with the result!

As far as being cheap/easy...as cheap and easy as you make it. I picked up 2 bundles of anacharis and a bundle of hornwort for 5 bucks today at a LFS, and it requires nothing but low-moderate lighting and normal water params :)

How do live plants help the tank?
Also, some aquariums with live planks have like a green coloration in the water, whats that? Algea?

Hey Davy like the ornaments you chose, check out my 55gal (the link is in my sig) I have nothing BUT ornaments lol keep the pics coming!

Back
Top Bottom