Re-doing a 30 gal. with live fish in it. Questions !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Cory you say. That sounds right if I remember. What should I feed this guy ??? I've been banging around on here and I'm actually starting to learn. I SHOULDN'T feed everyday. And I SHOULDN'T leave the tank light on most of the day. That is why I have so much algea.

I'm almost done cleaning. I will use a de-chlorinator on my tank props

Do I need to cycle this thing ? It's still got a fish in there. I've been swishing the filter in a bucket of tank water like you folks told me.

How long do I wait before I get new fish ?

Rather that live plants or plastic, How about silk plants ???

You can feed them anything you would feed other tropical fish. Sinking pellets, frozen/live bloodworm, freeze dried foods, ect...

Cory's do best in groups of like 3+. So when you get your tank sorted, you might wanna invest in a few little friends for him. hehe

Hey ! is there some high-tech way of attaching the background to the rear of the tank ? This whole thing is coming out REAL good buy the way.

In the words of Homer Simpson, WOO-HOO ! ! ! I've been working on the tank and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I got it mostly together today. I was at work tonight and got home around midnight. I've been drinking boxed wine (Classy !) and eating buffalo wings from the chinese joint around the corner from work. I turned the light on and I'm amazed how good it turned out. I cleaned it good. It took over a week with the algea and the water changes and what not. The fish is still alive and seems to be happy. I de-chlorinated all the gravel and other stuff I bleached. Hit up the local pet shops and asked ALOT of questions. I haven't added any fish yet and I'll go tommorow to get the water tested. I got some super silk plants off of Ebay. There's a guy-his user name is williampaulcox1836, he makes great stuff and he's way cheaper than the pet shop. I'm beside myself, If I can work the camera and I'm not too drunk to stand still I'm gonna post some pics! ! ! ! ! ! It has turned out so good ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Thank you all for your help, Mike

SO much better......

Attachments

• 100_1744.jpg
    100_1744.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1737.jpg
    100_1737.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42
Thats an amazing habitat now!!
Your fish will love you because of it. Great work!!!!

Wow.. Really nice set-up.
Now, it's the maintenance that comes in.
Just make sure to keep testing the water. Ammonia, Nitrites, and Nitrates.
Awesome Job!

Thanks for the praise ! Water is tested twice a week and so far, so good. I'm thinking about upgrading my filtration system. I've never liked the Whisper pumps I've used. The filters never fit right. I am limited to 9" section to hang the pump from. I want something bigger to give me a buffer if I screw the tank up somehow. I was looking at Aqua-Clear, Fluval, Hagen, and Ehiem. Who makes the best ? Biggest for my tank ? I hear that Ehiem is the best but their hanging pumps (called the LIBERTY series) are the same price as everybody else's so I'm guessing they're nothing special. Anybody wanna jump in and enlighten me on this ?

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom