Recommend me fish for 20G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
My cycle is nearly complete, and still unsure of what to stalk with. Im interested for bottom dwellers 3 khuli loachs, but im unsure if I have hard or soft water. Other than that, kinda thinking of a school of some cardinal tetras, and a dwarf gourmi, not sure what else.

Cardinal tetras are delicate. Neon tetras would be better. Pygmy cories are another good option for a bottom dweller.

usually fish will adjust to the hardness of your water, as long as it's consistent it's usually fine unless you are going with sensitive fish such as discus.

I would up the kuhlii to 4 or 5. They are shoaling fish and would probably do better with a couple more.

What type of filtration do you have?

What is your substrate. Depending on what you have some dwarf corys may be a better option. Kuhliis generally do best with sand or a small gravel I believe.

To go with the DG and cardinals(and both corys and kuhlii) - platy, harliquin rasbora, rummy nose and silver tip tetra are a few of my favs.

My current 20 gal is running 300 GPH and is stocked with 1 sunset DG, 5 neons, 5 lamb chop rasbora and 4 platy(3 mickey mouse and 1 red wag). I love all the color variations and activity levels going on in this tank. The schoolers don't school tightly though so if you want this I would suggest sticking with 1 larger school over 2 smaller ones.

usually fish will adjust to the hardness of your water, as long as it's consistent it's usually fine unless you are going with sensitive fish such as discus.

I would up the kuhlii to 4 or 5. They are shoaling fish and would probably do better with a couple more.

What type of filtration do you have?

What is your substrate. Depending on what you have some dwarf corys may be a better option. Kuhliis generally do best with sand or a small gravel I believe.

To go with the DG and cardinals(and both corys and kuhlii) - platy, harliquin rasbora, rummy nose and silver tip tetra are a few of my favs.

My current 20 gal is running 300 GPH and is stocked with 1 sunset DG, 5 neons, 5 lamb chop rasbora and 4 platy(3 mickey mouse and 1 red wag). I love all the color variations and activity levels going on in this tank. The schoolers don't school tightly though so if you want this I would suggest sticking with 1 larger school over 2 smaller ones.
I have a AC 50 Gal. Also have 3 different air bubbles decor. I have black sand.

Back
Top Bottom