Red-Tail Shark mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankMan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really... Really.... Really want a RTS. What are some good mates for him? Bottom and mid and top swimmers. 75 gallon planted. :)

TankMan said:
I really... Really.... Really want a RTS. What are some good mates for him? Bottom and mid and top swimmers. 75 gallon planted. :)

Would tiger barbs be good?

Yep...TB's make good tank mates. Actually all the fish in my signature have been fine with my RTS. In a 75gal... Just ensure you only do one... Don't add any fish that resemble an RTS.. And add lots of DW, plants and rocks to create territories. They're Very territorial as they mature.

jcolon said:
Yep...TB's make good tank mates. Actually all the fish in my signature have been fine with my RTS. In a 75gal... Just ensure you only do one... Don't add any fish that resemble an RTS.. And add lots of DW, plants and rocks to create territories. They're Very territorial as they mature.

Cories?

Not sure on cories... RTS's are beautiful, but come with a nasty territorial nature. Mine runs the tank... It's the top dog fish... But it only gets nasty sometimes after feeding.

jcolon said:
Not sure on cories... RTS's are beautiful, but come with a nasty territorial nature. Mine runs the tank... It's the top dog fish... But it only gets nasty sometimes after feeding.

What's in your tank?

For fish like the RTS you'll want other semi aggressive fish like the tiger barbs and serpae tetras.

Back
Top Bottom