Red-tail shark never see it eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have just newly stocked a 55 Gal and there is one RTS that is doing well now and aside from occasionally chasing one or two of the Tiger Barbs it seems fine. The 1st one I stocked had died right away, but not this one since the tank is fully cycled and balanced now. Anyway I just find it strange that when I feed all of the fish, I see them all eat except for the RTS which seems to just pick around on the bottom around the gravel and on the rocks(not sure what little organisms he's eating), but that's it. Anyone have RTS or know their eating habits?

1 thing I do know about them is you better have a lid because they will jump out. My friend lost one with a lid on it still jumped out the whole in the back by the pump

1 thing I do know about them is you better have a lid because they will jump out. My friend lost one with a lid on it still jumped out the whole in the back by the pump

Oh wow... My water level is several inches below the top of the lid. I don't see him swim high ever, it swims middle then back down and stays near the bottom.

They are jumpers, so just be aware.

Also, it is a catfish and is more like to be found foraging the bottom for food rather than up at the surface. If you're still concerned that it gets enough good, then you could feed it some sinking pellets or algae wafers.

They are jumpers, so just be aware.

Also, it is a catfish and is more like to be found foraging the bottom for food rather than up at the surface. If you're still concerned that it gets enough good, then you could feed it some sinking pellets or algae wafers.

Yeah I use both b/c I have a Chinese algae eater and khuli loaches, so I know it's eating, I just don't see it.

Back
Top Bottom