Restocking 55 Gallon After A Tragedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone!

As some of you might already know, I had a terrible tragedy in my tank with ich treatment that resulted in half of my tank deceased.
My survivors are:
2 Dalmatian mollies
4 regular mollies
1 black skirt tetra
1 red eye tetra
2 male guppies
2 algae eaters
1 angelfish
And 3 platys

I am planning on restocking my tank now that I've had a wipe out of fish. I have done my water changes and everything is back in order again.

I'm going to try and for sure get rid of my red eye tetra because I wasn't completely happy with them. Not sure how to go about doing that. We'll see what I can do.

I may try to get rid of my black skirt because I don't want to have to get 6. They're big and take a lot of "space" (as far as inch of fish per gallon rule) i'm not sure yet though because I was pretty attached to the survivor of the group.

So far I have looked at my fish store's supply of fish, and I have found I like the Rummynose tetras and the Emperor tetras.
Emperor tetras I like because I don't have to buy a ton because they don't group together like normal tetras. I also have a lot of dark shaded areas that they like. So I'm thinking, depending on cost, I'll buy a couple of those.
Rummynose tetras I like but I'm not sure about having to buy 6 or so of them. Does anyone know how big they can get in inches?

Also, I want to get 3 female guppies because I like breeding mollies and would like to begin breeding guppies as well. Is 3 females to 2 makes okay?
The other fish I'm getting are a pair of Angels. I will have a total of 3 angelfish in my tank.

My last question is ... I am in love with red tailed sharks and want to get one for my tank. I know it's fine to have them with angels, but will they work with tetras, guppies, mollies, and algae eaters?

Once again my tank is a 55 gallon! Thanks for all the help!

If you could post pictures of the fish you recommend for me, that's be great! But I know that can be an annoying task so don't worry about it if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom