rockwork plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there a "tried and true" way of setting up rocks in an aquarium so as to provide for an entrance with a different exit. I've read some Malawi cichlids need this. How do you do this on the upper levels of rocks that go up the back side of the aquarium?

i don't know about tried and true, but the first thing that comes to mind is some kind of plastic frame. if you could rig something up in the shape you want the rocks to be, then it would just be a matter of putting the rocks on top of it. silicone could end up being your best friend here... hth

ok i thought of a way. get a milk crate. i'm not sure, but i can't imagine it's toxic. get a blowtorch and the proper safety gear, gloves at least. then just heat the part of the crate you want to bend and create away! you don't have to use the whole thing, just cut off parts you don't want or are hard to work with. what i'm thinking is that the sides of the crate, given their shape, would be a good foundation for some cool rockwork. just an idea, what do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom