Roma 200 and external filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. I'm upgrading to a Fluval Roma 200 and 306 external canister filter.

I've seen pics of the 200 and also 240 where the filter tubes came up through the base of the tank rather than up through the back.

Now I see by default that the 200 comes with an internal u4 so I'm guessing the holes aren't pre drilled in the tank base by default.

Am I correct? If so, how easy is it to get this done?

Off to see my LFS in a bit so will find out that way and report back if anyone else is interested.

You could pay for a local glass company to cut the holes, but you do run the risk of the tank getting damaged. You should be able to pick up the other parts from ebay etc, failing that you could get spare parts for the Vicenza or Venezia directly from Fluval.

I have a Fluval Vicenza 180, I run two Fluval 406's on it (Turtles). I run one of them on the built-in hoses. I run another one like a normal external canister would be, with the hoses over the top.

Cheers. I fear potential breakage too much! I think I will just run the 306 through the top and perhaps investigate spray bars.

Back
Top Bottom