Ryukins and nerites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to be ordering some nerite snails for my betta tank and was wondering if I could get some for my ryukin tank too. Its a 37gal show tank with a 40gal sunsun submersible filter and an aquaclear 70 hob filter. It has 3 ryukins. I heard nerites dont reproduce in freshwater, eat all kinds of algae, and best dont add alot to your bioload.
Would they be alright and how many could I add? I'm only putting two in my betta tank and I can get 10 olive nerites off aquabid pretty cheaply. Could my 37gal hold eight?

You will have to see how big the nerites are when you get them. Goldie's will try to eat just about anything that will even remotely fit in their mouthes, including snails & their shells.

You will have to see how big the nerites are when you get them. Goldie's will try to eat just about anything that will even remotely fit in their mouthes, including snails & their shells.

Alright, I'd like it if they didnt eat them lol. I hand fed them today haha such piggies :)

Back
Top Bottom