Scaping question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm starting to slowly make my way into a planted tank. I was just staring at my tank, and I was trying to picture where I want my plants to go. This is currently how my tank is scaped. Today I ordered anubias nana from LFS that should be here on Wednesday. It will look bare at first, but how do you guys/gals think it would look to have all of my decorations mainly on the right side of my tank. I'm thinking of moving the two rocks on the left on my rock pile on the right leaving that area on the left open for the anubias nana. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-2652546745.jpg
    image-2652546745.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 69
If you could mix something in with your rocks so it doesn't just look like a pile of rocks, it would be cool. Have you thought about some java fern somewhere? Or a moss covered piece of driftwood somewhere? Looks good so far!

If you could mix something in with your rocks so it doesn't just look like a pile of rocks, it would be cool. Have you thought about some java fern somewhere? Or a moss covered piece of driftwood somewhere? Looks good so far!

I'm thinking to put some jungle val in the corner behind my rock stack, maybe even in the corner in front of the rock stack. I just did my rock stack, pretty pleased with it! Also I have a banana plant closer to the rocks in front of the wood.

Attachments

• image-682913001.jpg
    image-682913001.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 65
Does jungle Val spread on its own or should I get multiple plants? An idea that just came to mind was to 'line' the part of the back glass and maybe the side glass around where the rocks are with the jungle Val... Good or bad idea?

Val will spread omce established. I started with 4 with only 2-3 leaves each. They've been in since November and now have at least 7 and multiple leaves. They look great. I'll be adding them to the side and let them finish filling in the back. My ottos love hanging on them.

Back
Top Bottom