Set up of my "new" 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys think this will look ok when the cement is on it or should I just stick with real rocks? Lol Is there anything that you think might make it look better before I put the cement on it? Any and all suggestions welcome.. Good or bad! :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120924_123346.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120924_123346.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 53
The only thing I can think of that you may not like about it is that it will make it real hard to catch fish if you ever need to.

Other than that when you put quickrete on, it will change it completely. So if your second guessing the looks wait till you put it on. Then I bet you'll feel much better about it. :)

The only thing I can think of that you may not like about it is that it will make it real hard to catch fish if you ever need to.

Other than that when you put quickrete on, it will change it completely. So if your second guessing the looks wait till you put it on. Then I bet you'll feel much better about it. :)

If I ever have to catch fish.. I'll pick up the two pieces and fish them out! BAHAHA Fish them out!! :lol:

:whistle:

Mommaof4boys said:
If I ever have to catch fish.. I'll pick up the two pieces and fish them out! BAHAHA Fish them out!! :lol:

:whistle:

You do know Styrofoam floats right? It will need to be siliconed down, believe me I tryed to way mine down with rocks and concrete lol.

You do know Styrofoam floats right? It will need to be siliconed down, believe me I tryed to way mine down with rocks and concrete lol.

Oh crap! Yes, I forgot!! Well... Hmmm.... Maybe I should make the holes bigger? I was thinking about picking lines in the styrofoam to make it look more like rocks? yes? no??

Mommaof4boys said:
Oh crap! Yes, I forgot!! Well... Hmmm.... Maybe I should make the holes bigger? I was thinking about picking lines in the styrofoam to make it look more like rocks? yes? no??

They look close to rocks now bit remember when you go to put on at least three layers of concrete it will fill it in. So you'll need to go deep with any marks you'll want to show.

Back
Top Bottom