Setting up 110 gallon=)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etown612

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally moving to a bigger place and starting my first fishless cycle(eek!) in my 110 gallon. I've read the fishless cycle post about 10 times already=) as far as moving what would be the least stressful for my Oscar? It's only about a 20 minute ride, should I do a massive water change and leave him with a little water in the tank or just go with a 5 gallon bucket till the 55 gallon is back up and running? Once the 110 is fully cycled are there any tankmates for the Oscar I can add that anyone has had luck with? I don't want him to get hurt from aggro, and I dont want him to attempt to eat anything that will fit in his giant mouth, and once he is transferred to the 110 will tank dominance not be a factor if the Oscar and a new tank mate are introduced together? Im not set on getting him a tank mate, he has enough personality for the 110 by himselfSorry for l the questions at once and thank you=)

Fishless cycle is an absolute breeze. With all the great help on here any small hiccups you may encounter while cycling can quickly be fixed with the help of all the wonderful people on AA. Next, I have to say I am a bit jealous of you. I would love to have a 110! Heck if I could talk the wife into a 75 that would be spectacular lol. She keeps saying something about wanting diamonds first or some junk idk. Last time I moved a tank I was able to just empty my tank water into two buckets, only had a ten gallon tank, and then put everything back together after the short care ride. I dont see any problem in putting him in a bucket temporarily. As for the oscar and compatible tank mates I will leave that to users who have experience with them. Congrats on the new place.

Thanks rhino=) I made sure I got that diamond thing first, it's gonna make a half ton of water and fish tank a bit more bearable...LOL(although she loves the Oscar). And the Oscar is about 6-7 inches so he's still fairly small.

Back
Top Bottom