Setting up a 15-20g tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evalmore

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm setting up a new freshwater tropical tank. I'm planning on having guppies, Cory cats, shrimp, snails, and possibly an African dwarf frog. Seeing as I am completely new at fish ownership and this will be my first serious tank I want everything to be perfect :). Here are my questions!

What type of heater works best?

What temperature does my water need to be for this community?

Will the water temperature effect my plant growth if I get live plants? (Probably a stupid question.)

Any and all advice anyone has to give me about pretty much anything will be very greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I'm setting up a new freshwater tropical tank. I'm planning on having guppies, Cory cats, shrimp, snails, and possibly an African dwarf frog. Seeing as I am completely new at fish ownership and this will be my first serious tank I want everything to be perfect :). Here are my questions!

What type of heater works best?

What temperature does my water need to be for this community?

Will the water temperature effect my plant growth if I get live plants? (Probably a stupid question.)

Any and all advice anyone has to give me about pretty much anything will be very greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Congrats on setting up a new tank!!

I'd say a 100 watt heater will work fine and I kept my planted tank at 79.

You will be perfectly fine with plants at that temperature!

One thing to note, I've heard it's not a good thing to keep frogs with fish, because the fish get to the food first, and the frogs end up starving.

Okay. Thank you :). That's honestly the clearest answer I've gotten yet! Lol! And thank you for telling me about the frogs! I hadn't heard that. Wouldn't want to get one and have it starve!

Okay. Thank you :). That's honestly the clearest answer I've gotten yet! Lol! And thank you for telling me about the frogs! I hadn't heard that. Wouldn't want to get one and have it starve!

lol you're welcome!

I mean, it's possible to keep frogs with the fish (and I know plenty do), It's just what I've heard. Someone with frog experience might chime in.

Good luck with your tank! :)

Back
Top Bottom