setting up my 46 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, are their any cats that come from the rift lakes? can i put them with live plants?

Synodontis, which lake are you looking into? It's very important that you don't mix fish from different lakes. Each lake has a different level of aggression and some are more aggressive than others, almost every tank that I have seen attempt this, has resulted in multiple deaths of fish.

Sent via echolocation

well i need the ones that can fit in my tank, can live with plants, i was considering shellies. but others will be fine

African Cichlids chew through most plants. Anubias species, which is a slow growing genus could work I have heard cichlids don't go for them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think you could get away with a colony of Shellie's and maybe a pair of Julie's, but you just need a lot of rock work. I'm kinda waiting til freak hits this thread, he's really good with tangs

Sent via echolocation

i think i will go with lake Tanganyika, setup. so what do i need to know? what fish/plants, i want to have a Synodontis njassae, but what else? they don't have to be, chiclids.

i think i will go with lake Tanganyika, setup. so what do i need to know? what fish/plants, i want to have a Synodontis njassae, but what else? they don't have to be, chiclids.

I'd do research, lots of research, just search lake tanganyika fish tank, there are so many sources out there. That's how I learned everything I know. And also, I'd pm freakgecko, as tangs are his specialty?

Sent via echolocation

well their are some synos that live in lake tyganyca that i will get if i do this setup.

Synodontis multipunctatus i picked out this catfish, it naturally lives in lake Tanganyika, and gets like 8 inchs

so i think i will do lake Tanganyika, well i don't know, for lake Tanganyika can i put any chiclid from that lake in 1 tank, or are their only certain species?
what are you favorite.

so i think i will do lake Tanganyika, well i don't know, for lake Tanganyika can i put any chiclid from that lake in 1 tank, or are their only certain species?

what are you favorite.

What cichlids are you looking at? I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but you really need to do your own research, just search "lake tanganyika cichlids" and there will be lists. If you see a species that you like, just search it on google and find out as much as you can on it

Sent via echolocation

I think it's the experience on here that people like instead of googling, it just seems more interactive:)

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom