Setting up the 20 gallon long steal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cammywammy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a 20 gallon long today from a guy on Craigslist and it came with a lot of stuff. I have a tetra 30 whisperer filter, 100 watt heater, gravel, a light strip and a glass canopy, a siphon, net, ph test, along with other little stuff. All for 40 bucks!

What do you guys recommend for the stock? Also when I take the tetra 30 filter from my 10 gallon tank I'm going to need to replace the filter, do you recommend a aqueon 10 or an aquaclear 20? Thank you all for your help!

Are two 18 watts with 1170 lumens good for low light plants?

I have a tetra whisperer 30, and 20 now. Also an aqueon 10 for my 10 gallon. I'm moving all my gravel from my 10 gallon and my cycled tetra whisperer 30 to my 20 gallon tank maybe tomorrow? I will need more gravel though, also the light fixture that came with the 20 gallon is for a standard 20 gallon(24) but that's ok I can switch a light strip with my science teacher. I have new plants for my 10 gallon also 5 Mickey Mouse platies. All of those fish will be moved to my 20 gallon when I fill I up for a fish in cycle. Any experts on lighting want to help me with what cfls to put in my 20 gallon all glass aquarium light hood? I have 13 watts with 900 lumens that are warm light, other option is 18 watts 1170 lumens and cool white light. The fixture can hold two of either. Thanks a lot sorry for so much writing I will add pics soon!

Actually I can get any cfls for the 10 gallon I have tons of different types laying around. Does anyone know the best wattage/lumens/kelvin for the bulbs? I can have two and I have mostly low light and medium plants like Christmas moss and different types of ludiwa

Does anyone know the best tubular flourecent from Walmart? I need one that is 17 inches. Please link items!

Back
Top Bottom