Setup and Stocking Courtesy Check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USAFDave13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry I've put up so many posts of late. So I have my 45 and stand. Below is the setup I've selected for it. It will be semi-planted. And below that the stocking I am working with and tweaking. Any feedback would be amazing. I'm not sure about the Ram as a centerpiece. Looking to avoid breeding/live bearers and aggression. Thank you!

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 light
Fluval 200W E series heater
Versa-top
2x Aquaclear 50
Fluval Q1 Airpump
Airstones
Planting Substrate
W/ all supporting parts

Stocking-

8 x Cory
8 x Rummynose Tetra
8 x Cardinal Tetra
1 x German Blue Ram
2 x Otocinclus

Other considerations: Discus, Dwarf Gourami, Rasboras,Killifish, Loaches

Ok, going up to 6 Oto's and switching out the Ram for a Dwarf Gourami (read they are hardier for novices) puts me at 93% stocking according to adadvisor.

Ok, going up to 6 Oto's and switching out the Ram for a Dwarf Gourami (read they are hardier for novices) puts me at 93% stocking according to adadvisor.
You know, Rams can be frustrating... many are simply not healthy. I have lost all of mine... and when the Oto lives you know something is weird. Otos can be like a canary in a coal mine.

So any issues if I swap the ram for the dwarf gourami? I didn't read any but you all probably have first hand experience.

Back
Top Bottom